Why I hate the EU

The EU has leveled trade barriers inside Europe. And that is about the only good thing it has done. It should have been a trade agreement, not some quasi-government which churns out millions of useless rules and regulations and exists so the French can take Brit's money, hide behind international regulations, and break those international regulations when they feel like it. It also exists so that Germany cant get over the collective shame of WWI and WWII.

Right now I am working on an analysis of the US cap-and-trade scheme. We need EU projections on CO2 cost in Europe under their mechanism. This is nearly impossible to find. Instead you have to wade through countless reports, reports on reports, reports on the implementation and feasibility of creating a report to report on the changes in usability of the sustainable mechanism of carbon allocation for Belgian pear farmers. The sheer quantity of crap that the EU produces is staggering. For example, wading through one report, I found this:



What the hell does that mean? I am not generally opposed to ven diagrams - but that would be the most idiotic graph I have ever seen, if it were not for all the other crap that the EU churns out. I suppose if you employ 30,000 people supposedly in the name of reducing trade friction, you have to have them do something, but this is ridiculous.

Which leads me to the more important point: the Whatthefuckasaurus. The other day I was dealing with the incredibly crappy EU site europa.eu as well as these dumb reports, and the idea popped into my head for the Whatthefuckasaurus. Basically, it is a new, norm create meme for the internet: whenever something makes me go WTF, there will be a whatthefuckasaurus attached.

I give the EU and its idiotic reports one big

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Ways to Not Suck at Driving

This is just disgusting....