PalmPad

webOS will, it seems, be available later this year on a pretty tablet, courtesy of their new overlords, HP.

This is a good thing. I would love a webOS tablet.

With one big exception. I am planning on buying a netbook. Probably later today.

You see, on this netbook, I will load up my copy of WinXP Pro, some office 2007 goodness, iTunes 6 (before it went all big and crappy. Or I might stick with winamp, for even less-processor-taxing goodness) and then, instantly, be able to do all kinds of regular computer things. Like play starcraft and diablo II (albeit really really small), play any flash game online that I want to (armor games being my go-to these days). You want apps - there are billions of them. More storage? Get a usb hard drive. And windows XP works with every peripheral ever made. Not to mention I might even just install linux for the heck of it, and dual boot, for the purpose of even better power management (linux runs cooler/lower power than windows). The one, singular thing, it is not is an e-book reader. But thats ok, because I like pulp-books. A lot.

The one I am planning on getting (Acer Aspire One) costs $200 on sale right now, has a 6-cell battery, and 1 gig of ram with a 1.6ghz processor and 160gb HDD. Sure - pretty crappy as computers go.... but pretty damn amazing compared to tablets which cost $500 (cough... iPad... cough).

I will absolutely say that tablets are the way of the future, and that netbooks will die out... but right now, they are cheap and do everything I want, and much more than any tablet would do.

Plus, I already have a webOS tablet, with a battery which lasts for days. It just happens to fit in my pocket, and make phone calls.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Ways to Not Suck at Driving

This is just disgusting....