AVATAR in 3D

The most amazing, spectacular, and beautiful movie I have ever seen.

I had read complaints about the plot - the plot is good.

I had seen complaints about the message - as a hardcore capitalist and a libertarian, I can say I did not find the message annoying in the least

The movie is amazing. There are a few films that I would say were big steps for movies in my lifetime.

The first was Jurrasic Park - which brought the magic of CGI for the first time - bringing extinct creatures to life. It defined the the early technology age.

The second was the Matrix, a new vision of sci-fi reinvented for the internet age, hardcore, black, dark, a battle against he machines.

The third was the Lord of The Rings trilogy, which recreated the epic, redefined what was possible with CGI, created the first human-quality CGI character and showed a brilliant level of attention to detail.

However, in my opinion, Avatar is bigger than all of them in terms of its importance as a movie. It redefines what it is possible to create, re-imagines the limits of what is possible, and re-negotiates the contract defining what I will expect from movies in the future. It is quite simply spectacular.

I had heard complaints beforehand, but they were largely unfounded. Interestingly, the the main theme is very similar to the main theme of Lord of The Rings, cast in a new light. And while it is an action/adventure epic, there was about an hour in the middle of the movie where all I could do was laugh and smile in joy at watching what unfolded in front of me. It was, for quite a while, pure joy. Other movies give you moments of beauty and the spectacular, Avatar is filled with them while cleverly interlaced with the reality of human life.

Amazing. Beautiful. Spectacular.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is just disgusting....

Top 10 Ways to Not Suck at Driving