Norm Wants: Jag XFR

I love Jags. I used to love them so much I had a small library of books devoted to them. I could (actually still can) tell you every model from about 1960 to today.

But when it came to buying my first or second car, Jags were nowhere on the top 10 list. To be honest, probably not even the top 100 list. They became impractical, dated, mechanically unreliable, overpriced, and in the case of the X-Type, rebadged Ford Mondeo's.

And then, just as Ford sells the brand, out comes the XF. One year later, they release the XFR, with a new 5.0l V8 finally replacing the err.. venerable (its life began in the 1960's).. 4.2l V8 .

And it is meant to be amazing. Incredible. Fantastic. More refined and elegant than a M5, more sporty and less boat-like than a S6 or Mercedes AMG somethingorother.

And it has another thing I like: Q-ship appeal. In other words, it looks pretty much like the base XF. (British Q-ships looked like merchant ships, but were actually armed to take down German U-boats). This means in my mind the two most desireable cars today, for me, are the RS4 and the XFR. They are actually pretty similar on a lot of fronts.

I think I would have to get the Jag, because, well, its a Jag.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Ways to Not Suck at Driving

This is just disgusting....