Best of Craigslist, part 2

Free Office Chair (May Have Been Sat in by Ralph Nader)

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/wdc/1210410010.html


Date: 2009-06-07, 8:53PM EDT


Yes, that's right. Ralph Nader, perennial Green Party candidate for the U.S. presidency MAY have sat in this very chair! It was used in his Washington, DC campaign headquarters until I purchased it on Craiglist several months ago. It has a nice red, commie upholstery and a sleek black plastic backing. The wheels don't function well, but that is a small price to pay for state control of the means of production. I am giving it away for FREE, in keeping with the utopian ideals of the ass that may have once graced this unassuming little office chair. Pictures available upon request, comrades.

  • Location: 2637 16th St. NW
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

I have a huge bathroom.

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/nyc/907788944.html


Date: 2008-11-06, 4:01AM EST


I am a female in my mid 60's and I am looking for a room mate. Times are tight and I need some extra money.
I am willing to rent out my bathroom in my 1 bedroom east village home.

My bathroom is large. You can easily put a twin air mattress in there. I only ask that when I need to use the bathroom, you or your air mattress are not in it.

I do ask that when you are in the apartment, you confine yourself to the bathroom. I do not feel comfortable with a stranger walking around my living room. This might change as I get to know you better.
You may have guest over as long as they are cnfined to the bathroom as well. This might seem a bit odd but please remember the rent is $400 and the bathroom is large.

1 at A google map yahoo map
  • cats are OK - purrr
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Free couch, if you can bend time and/or space

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/den/1188385012.html


Date: 2009-05-25, 3:56PM MDT


I have a free couch for anyone who can get it back out of my room.
It's a comfy couch, cool stripe velvet in great shape, impossibly uncomfortable sleeper, but otherwise easily worth $50-75 bucks in Craigslist land.

So why am I listing in for free? Because I am pretty sure it is physically impossible to remove this thing from my second story bedroom down the narrow hallway, down the narrower staircase and out the front door of my little Victorian duplex. How did we get it up here in the first place? Magic... well, it did involve taking several doors off the hinges, 4 people, and about 3 1/2 hours of cursing the gods. However, I don't feel like doing it all again, and I'm not about to have a stranger (no offense) taking apart my house for a deal on a sofa.

So, if you can bend space and miraculously make this thing fit, such powers shall be awarded with a free couch. Likewise, if you can alter time and go back to when we first bought the monstrosity and prevent us from attempting to bring it upstairs in the first place, you shall also have the honor of owning this couch bestowed on you.

Or if you lack these powers and still really want it, you can have it... in pieces, BYOS (bring your own saw)

  • Location: Denver
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Autographed Copy of Plato's Republic

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/chi/748263604.html


Date: 2008-07-09, 11:00AM CDT


1st edition of The Republic signed by its author. There is of course a reasonable amount of wear and tear, (light highlighting and underlining, dog-eared pages, back cover missing, etc.), but it is in overall good condition considering its age.

First come first serve

  • Location: chicago loop
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 748263604


300 Stuffed Penguins Free to Good Home

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/aus/1208932583.html


Date: 2009-06-06, 5:38PM CDT


********PENGUINS STILL AVAILABLE! Thank you for the overwhelming response********

What I'm offering here is about 300 stuffed penguins of various shapes, sizes, and species (predominately Emperor, though--like the kind in March of the Penguins) to a deserving child.

I'm going through a pretty weird time in my life right now--having just gone through a break-up and graduated college and temporarily living in my parents' house before I move out for good in in the fall, though I remain unemployed because my philosophy degree is at *such* a premium--and sifting through my room (which has become a strange amalgam of my adolescence and burgeoning adulthood), it's been brought to my attention that I probably won't "catch a man" or have anyone believe I'm about to turn 23 with 300 penguins and a bunch of purple furniture around, that looking at my current room one might think some sort of 13-year-old with developmental issues is living here. I loved penguins as a child--long before they were trendy and had their own series of CGI movies or the godly voice of Morgan Freeman was involved--and collected them, often putting on penguin weddings and penguin ballet recitals where I made costumes for individual penguins, all of whom had names that I kept track of on my penguin censuses. I could recite all 16 species of penguin in alphabetical order...

...so, yes, I feel justified in saying I want a deserving child. A child that will really, well, love the penguins, and cherish his/her youth with them as it slowly slips away... Or, alternatively, some adult who has a great use for them, like if you are making the next big penguin movie (or play?). Or, if you are opening some new theme restaurant in town and need my penguins for your decor. As long as I'm auctioning off my childhood to the highest bidder, I reserve the right to be a little choosy.

E-mail with your intentions and we will work something out.

  • Location: NW
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 1208932583

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Ways to Not Suck at Driving

This is just disgusting....