Google's Chrome OS

Google's Chrome OS will have absolutely no ability to host and run programs locally. It also has no ability to operate with traditional hard drives, only with flash memory.

It is, in other words, a browser. A browser unlike we have seen before, with very deep integration of web apps etc. But it is a browser. You'll open things in tabs, cant run things locally, and have no real ability to operate off the web.

I have a major issue with this. I like to operate my portable devices off the web, especially ones that dont come with 3g connections, and need to be used in planes, trains, automobiles, and important for me, boats.

I am now using Windows 7 (more on that later), and I can see absolutely no reason why I would want Chrome. If I wanted a cheap netbook mostly focused on the web, I would get Ubuntu (which I like quite a lot), which is more "free" than Chrome because its not big brother reporting on you. Oh yeah, and it runs programs locally. And it has tons of free software. And it has support for hard drives. And peripherals. And it can be installed on any machine, not just a Google approved one. Oh and the big thing Chrome does, surf the web with chrome, I can just load up Firefox.

In other words, WTF Google - you want me to install a closed operating system that does not even have the ability to run local apps? You took the worst page of the Apple playbook and then ran with it. I'm betting this ends up as a safety against Google rather than a touchdown for it.

whatthefuckasaurus

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Ways to Not Suck at Driving

This is just disgusting....