Norm's Appology

The BoN is not a window into my life. My name is not even Norm, though it is a name of mine.

However, I have not been on my best game recently for the BoN. I have been lagging behind in getting ideas of mine up here, and to be perfectly honest, I have not even followed world news, cars, gadgets, technology and the unusual that closely the last few weeks. I went through a breakup which thankfully was more a drain of time than energy, but still, has been a long process.

This is related to the fact that my ex decided a good time to cheat on me was two weeks after we moved in together (and use an unwitting friend of mine as cover, and lie to me about it etc etc). I hope she is having a wonderful time with her equally clingy, socially awkward, and tattooed on the outside but weaker than Poland on the inside co-worker (sorry for the Polish joke Frankie). Of course, he's practically married and living with his g/f, and I have been out at bars with him when he was looking for women (though, until hooking up with my ex, he insisted he had not actually cheated on his common-law wife). All in, pretty fucked up. I'm going to go ahead and give him and their whole thing, whatever it is, a Whatthefuckasaurus.
http://bookofnorm.com/wtf.jpg
The net result for me is a lot of time wasted and lost. I dont see any future for my ex and I, and I dont believe in trying to stay friends right after a breakup, so at least I have not fallen into that pointless trap. But regardless, a lot to get done and make up for over the next few weeks as the last couple have been mostly spent moving in, relaxing and enjoying not being in a relationship.

Interestingly, and this is why I bring it up, when I am writing a lot on the BoN is when I am at my most productive. Yes, I have to prioritize work and now applications above this, but the way that I work is that the more I am doing the better. When I am getting one thing done, I am more likely to be getting other things done. When I am writing a lot on issues that matter to me, I am more likely to be writing applications, finishing proposals and publications for work, and scaling Himalayan peaks while fighting off ninja yetis with lasers.

I really wish I had an image to go with that last line... freelance artists, give me a call. Actually, do give me a call, because I need one of you for the cover of my brother's book.

So, I am here today to tell you that good things are coming. A new mothership for this blog, www.bookofnorm.com is under construction. One of the things I am most excited about in that is sorting posts so you can look at them in chains, by theme. Whatthefuckasaurus will be one, along with NOBAMA, and a variety of others.

To give you a sneak peak of some big stuff I have on the burners, simmering away and giving off delicious aromas of capitalism, libertarianism, dorkism, and oregano are:

The story of the father of modern artillery who worked with the CIA and US Govt before building war machines for Saddam and attempting to shoot satellites into space with a giant Iraqi cannon.

The history of incredible canceled projects, and what could have been, including giant Canadian Ice Breakers, mammoth land trains and Soviet military space stations complete with .50 machine guns.

The analysis of the assassin's mace and China's military buildup targeted at defeating the US.

And much more: lakes supersaturated with CO2, Iranian military mafia, a short story by me, how the earth survived global warming 50 million years ago (it involves one very persistent plant), and the 10 best British Cars of All Time.

Good things are coming, and now for a Churchill quote:

"
There is no such thing as a good tax. "

All the Best,
Capt. Norm

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Ways to Not Suck at Driving

This is just disgusting....