Maureen Dowd is a fool

Never really been a fan of Maureen Dowd, even when she gave the Colby commencement speech for my class. Her latest op-ed is a real class act though.

She imagines what Cheney says in a closed-door meeting about the torture of prisoners.

Here is her take:
“Those insects weren’t even poisonous,” Cheney growled. “Facial slaps? Abdominal slaps? Throwing a naked man into a wall? Kid stuff. Those methods worked. They kept us safe for seven years. Safer than with that delicate Hawaiian orchid in the White House. America is coming across as weak and indecisive. Just when Rummy and I had stomped out that ‘Blame America First’ flower-child culture, Obama has dragged it back, apologizing profusely all over the world for the country he’s running, canoodling with greasy dictators, kissing up to those weasels in Europe, which is only free today because of our military. Friends and foes alike will be quick to take advantage if they think they’re dealing with a Creamsicle.”

The best part is... I mostly agree with fake Cheney. Ok, I dont agree with the 'Blame America' stuff, and I dont think that the Bush administration was at all intelligent at handling international relations, but I do agree with a lot of their methods. And the fact that the current president is a Creamsicle in terms of IR.

As I have stated before, I believe very strongly in individual rights and personal freedom. However, this is a world away from "human rights." In other words, I belive that there are courses of action which relieve you of your personal rights and freedoms. Engagining in terrorist activity is one of those, as is engagin in a war or comitting a crime.

I have no problem with torture, especially when the purpose of that torture is to save innocent lives.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Ways to Not Suck at Driving

This is just disgusting....