Why private companies are better than public monopolies

I recently had an issue with the USPS where they claimed to have delivered a package from Amazon to my front door. To the best of my knowledge, they never did, and I am highly doubtful that it showed up and then was somehow rapidly stolen in the middle of the day in Arlington. I could be wrong, but I would be surprised. The confusion came talking to the post office because you have to call before 9:00am to talk to anyone who knows anything. Turns out our regular guy was taking a day off on monday, so he did not know what happened. The guy who "delivered" it was taking a day yesterday. Finally talked to him today, and he says he remembers a package. Sure, whatever.

Amazon on the other hand, quickly gave me a full refund for the cost of the purchase, including shipping.

I am pretty damn impressed with Amazon, and disappointed (though unsurprised) with the USPS.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Ways to Not Suck at Driving

This is just disgusting....