Windows 3.1 Discontinued. Seriously.



We all know it. Or at least I assume we do. And I loved it. I went right from DOS to this, and man was it cool. It had graphics, and windows, and a file manager, and PAINT!!! It was the coolest damn thing. And until 1/11/2008, Microsoft was still selling it.

Yes.

I am not lying.

Really.

I promise.

No i wont pinkie promise, look it up, they sold it till this weekend.

Mostly it was actually for thinks like cash registers and the almost-as-awesome-as-paint Virgin Entertainment system in Virgin Atlantic planes, which brought about the personalized in-flight entertainment revolution.

But on Nov 1st, Microsoft decided enough was enough and stopped selling licenses.

A sad, sad time. But a legendary OS which will always soldier on in our hearts. And in the fact that modern windows looks pretty damn similar.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Ways to Not Suck at Driving

This is just disgusting....