Universal Cellphone Adapter

No I'm not crazy. And no - this is not some 3rd party adapter with 26 different attachments which let you try and find the charger for your phone that was made only on full moon nights between September 2007 and April 2008, and only availble in three retail locations.

Ok, its not usually that bad, but a much much better world is coming. 17 major cellphone manufacturers have agreed on the micro-USB standard for chargers after 2012. The only major player not to agree is Apple.

This is amazing, changing the course of history absolutely fantastic news. How it did not make national headlines I dont know. What we will be looking at is an era of standardized, cheap, replaceable, interchangeable cellphone chargers. I dont know about anyone else, but I am very very excited (partly as I tend to be somewhat forgetfull with my charger..)

With so much weight behind the standard, I would bet that it becomes common for other devices to adopt micro-USB as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Ways to Not Suck at Driving

This is just disgusting....