The New Gmail Sucks - Especially on a Netbook

Yeah, I have a tablet. And I have a laptop. And I have another tablet. And a desktop. And a dual-core 4.3' android phone. And another tablet. And an ereader.

But the most versatile device I have? My 10' netbook.

Yeah - its not as fun to use as the tablets. But damn can you get a lot more done. If you want to have a really productive email session - tablets suck. With swype (in my opinion) they are a little bit better, but typing is still a chore.

But my netbook? Great keyboard. Better than any iPad keyboard out there, I bet you anything.

All of this helps explain why I am so freaking pissed at Google for their new interface. It is terrible. I mean really really terrible.

Worst Gmail Ever - By Far
As you can see, if you (like me) put your chat bar on the right, once Google decides to add its freaking enormous new ad bar, I am writing in a window about 100 pixels wide!!! WTF Google. And not only that, there are now 3 (!!!!!) vertical scroll bars - one for the text, one for the email window, and one just to fuck with your head. It's almost worse when I get formatted HTML emails (like every email you sign up for) because they end up being wider than my screen now - so I can't even use the vertical scroll bars without scrolling horizontally first.

I hate that I can't go back to the old look. I hate that I basically have to use "basic HTML" if I want to work quickly in gmail. I hate the line spacing. I hate the way text on the sides is white regardless of what background you choose (what google brained moron dreamed that one up?).

All in all, I really hate the new gmail. I hate it so much I am looking for alternatives. Since there are now standalone gchat clients (or my phone), and forwarding is easy, it would not even take that much to set up.

But really Google - WTF were you thinking? Did you even test this first?

Google is falling apart - I am seriously unimpressed.

whatthefuckasaurus

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Ways to Not Suck at Driving

This is just disgusting....