Solar Powered Netbook

Samsung solar power, samsung solar laptop, solar laptop, where to buy a solar laptop, buy solar eletronics, solar powered electronics, Samsung NC215S
I like working. I just don't like working from an office. I like working from wherever I happen to be. I like to travel, and I like to be outside. My Palm Pre and Acer Aspire have given me way more mobility than I ever had before... but still are limited in their battery life.

Samsung has set out to change all that with the first solar powered laptop. With a decent sized solar cell in the lid of the lappie, it takes two hours of sunlight for one hour of use - presumably that is the industry standard kind of "use" which means they tested it with wifi off, the screen on its darkest setting, and absolutely no programs running. So, lets say 30mins of real work for 2hrs of solar charging. This is still pretty damn fantastic, albeit for a certain percentage of the population. The reason it is so fantastic is because you can use the netbook to then charge anything USB... which means basically anything other than certain camera batteries.

It also has a 50% brighter than usual and glare resistant screen so that you can actually use it outside.

I want one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Ways to Not Suck at Driving

78% Of Prius owners trade it in... for something else