StockMood and EmergInvest

I was checking in on EmergInvest, a company that I have worked with and we did a little consulting for, and ran across another good find. Both were featured in TechCrunch 50, a public coming out for 50 new tech startups that gets a ton of press and attention.

Basically EmergInvest wants to be the "yahoo finance of emerging markets." In my opinion, they are going to have a tough time doing this, but I wish them the best of luck. If you are interested in investing in (getting data on stocks) the rest of the world, checkout their site.
www.emerginvest.com

The second one I cam across is StockMood, which as far as I can figure uses a bot to crawl around financial and general interest news sites across the web, run some algos, and come up with a "sentiment index" telling you what people think right now. This is, if it works, quite an interesting tool for momentum and contrarian investing.

I signed up for the beta (stockmood.com) and it seems to work well, but basically seems to cover the DOW 30 right now, or maybe the top 100 securities by mktcap. It did not for example include SNDK, quite a large and visible public company. I think that there is going to be a fee once it goes live? Not sure of what the status will be of "beta testers" at that point.

And why do all tech startups have to delete the space between words? StockMood and EmergInvest at TechCruch. Ridiculous.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Ways to Not Suck at Driving

This is just disgusting....