"I messed up"

A bit more on the bailing out of average homeowners who have mortgages (e.g., house values) gone bad. A coworker - a bitter one - just stopped by my desk to lament (and I paraphrase): "I really messed up; when I was looking at $400,000 condos I couldn't afford last year in the North End...I really should have just bought one. Who knows now? I could have got that debt reduced or have been allowed to stay in that home at the tax expense of all you suckers around me here...and I certainly know I could have made a argument that my mortage lender was a 'predator'. But, sadly, now I'm just one of you suckers; paying rent, paying taxes. Maybe even paying taxes so that my landlord himself can get a better deal on the mortgage of the home I'm already paying him for in rent. I really screwed up on this one; what the hell was I thinking saving money and being responsible and holding off on buying a house? Never again."

That says it all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Ways to Not Suck at Driving

This is just disgusting....