Fossil Working on my Watch

What sucks about modern smartphones? They are always in your pocket, beeping. You are sitting there in your meeting/diner with your wife/movie/class/sex and your phone is beeping at you or vibrating like a coin-op motel bed from the 50's, and you have no damn idea why. But you really really want to know why. This could be the big one, the text that changes your life, the email from the one that got away, publisher's clearing house finally (finally!!) coming through.

This really happens. Promise.
So what do you have to do? You have to take your phone out of your pocket, hit the power button, and if you don't have webOS, you have to hit a couple more buttons just to read the damn text or email.

Not to mention,  you have to go through most of that just to tell the time...

Enter the smart-watch. I dont want my watch to be my cellphone, too many problems with that. But a watch add-on to a cellphone? Perfect. All i want it to do is connect via bluetooth 2.0 (ultra low power) and show texts and emails on my watch and let me click through them and mark them read. That's all I want.

Meta Watch, a carve-out of Fossil (which you might remember used to be the biggest maker of Microsoft smart-watches back when 2-way pagers were wicked cool) just got bought by some ex-Nokia guys... and they are planning on launching just what I want later this year. 

It even looks pretty good.

The big downside? They want $200... which is what my Moto Photon cost me, and for that price, I could get all kinds of cool gadgets. Anyway, first adopters, get your wallets out. I want my $50 watch accessory.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Ways to Not Suck at Driving

This is just disgusting....