Tesla Valued at $1 Billion, BoN Valued at $2 Billion

According to some guy off the street.. I mean a website/consulting company which 'specializes' in valuing private companies, Tesla Motors is worth $1 billion. This is because of... ermm.. this chart:


The chart clearly shows that though the company has so far lost a ton of money, gone through 4 CEO's, fired the founder and been sued by him, and sold about 500 cars, that it is worth $1 billion because suddenly most of the country will realize that what they really need is an electric track car.

Can I just point out the stupidity of that? If I had the $100,000 to spend on transportation fun (what the Tesla costs today) I would get an Elise for $45,000, a Cherokee SRT 8 for about $20,000, a Subaru WRX for $25,000, a year's membership to a track for $9,500 and spend the other $500 on a road bike (if I did not have one) so I could commute to work with a negative carbon footprint. Then I would get home and decide which beast I would take to the track that day.

Or, you could buy a overweight rear-heavy Lotus Elise with 5,824 (or something like that) laptop batteries. You would actually still need to get an SUV so that you could tow it if you ever wanted to go more than 100 miles from home. Hmm...

Sure they have the Model S, and yes, it looks great: but its a concept car. They have not started making it yet. Actually, they have not even started making the factory to make it in yet. And by the time they do they wont be the only electric gig in town, they will be going up against the Volt, the plug-in-Prius, the new Boon Pickens VVN or whatever it is call, the new Dodge somethingorother and host of others.

According to a similar websit the Book of Norm was recently valued at $2 billion. And here is why:

So, if any Middle Eastern soverign wealth funds are taking a look at this, I am selling a 10% equity stake for $550 million. Its a bargain basement deal even in these times - I can guarantee I will not return your investment.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Ways to Not Suck at Driving

This is just disgusting....